Friday, May 21, 2004

Bizaro - Are you related to Jesus?

eBay Auction Claims You May Be Related to Jesus

This one is great. An eBay powerseller is auctioning off a kinship report that will tell you if you and your loved ones are related to Jesus. Starting price for the rights to the information $49K. (no bidders yet)

I checked eBay and found the auction. Accourding to the posted info "Many millions of people will be pleasantly surprised to find out that they and their families do. Who wants to deliver the good news and let them know?" - Is it good news to be related to Jesus? I mean, can you really be? I thought he was supposed to be divine. Can one be related to God?

The hook to the sale is that the buyer can sell the rights to the kinship report to upcoming mega event like the movie release of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code. The info goes on to list the family names of people who are supposedly related to Jesus. (Alas, my name is not on the list.) It also lists "Hollywood stars like Katherine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Humphrey Bogart, Johnny Carson, Bette Davis, Walt Disney, Michael Douglas, Clint Eastwood, Lee Marvin, Julia Child, Catherine Oxenberg, and Brooke Shields" Brooke Shields? oh come on.

Who would buy this crap-o-la? I think I'll put this one on my watch list just in case.