Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Michael Moore - Fahrenheit 9/11 - Fun to come

Paragould Daily Press: Local News

Michael Moore has never been thought of as a man without a bias. Heck we all know he has a bias, and even with his known bias, he is as funny as hell. Moore produces some of the best-written documentary material available today. I actually feel sorry for the Bush/republicans this summer. More is going to hoist the Bush family on a very big petard! It's going to be very uncomfortable summer for some. I don't know about you dear reader (if I have any!), but I’m looking forward to it! (right in time for the elections too!)

I wonder who funded this movie? It would be great if it was through a government grant, but that would be too much to hope for right? I know disney refused to distribute Fahrenheit 9/11. I'm sure Disney was afraid of government rrepriasals, or maybe disney wants to open an Arabic based theme park. hmmm.

Of course, I have my problem with Moore’s work, he really does take too much pleasure at making others look transparent and stupid, He also plays loose with the facts. It can be painful, it can be fun, but it can also be overwhelming. Bowling for Columbine was fun to watch for about the first 30 minutes, then I wanted to run and hide.

I met Michael Moore once. We rode an elevator together in 97 or 98 at the airport Hilton in Dallas. He was gracious and kind. Very much unlike several other celebrities I’ve run into over the years. I wonder if that chance meeting has influenced my opinion of him. Hmmmm, let me see…no. He is a very funny man with a razor sharp mind; I hope I never end up in his cross hairs.