Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Robyn E. Blummer - Heroine of the month

Robyn E. Blummer came out as an atheist on August 8, 2004. Congratulations Robin, coming out is a brave move, and a dangerous one. The typical response is lost friends, alienated family members, and reams of hate mail. Of course, the ultimate response to finding out one is an atheist is termination. For some reason, people, especially Christians, equate atheism with immoral behavior (As if they have a lock it.). Their unthinking reaction is often extreme and often results in very unchristian behavior. I hope you are able to avoid the backlash. I see from your follow up article that the volume of hate mail has been low, but with the web considered, I am sure your email box will soon be full.

I’m going to watch your column from now on. I also plan to read your previous articles. I hope other reasonable people do the same.

Good luck.

Robyn E. Blummer can be reached by email at atblumner@NOSPAMsptimes.com drop her a note to encourage her if you get a chance.