Thursday, December 02, 2004

Review - Curley's Cafe


Curley’s Café © Copyright 2004 Mojoey

Curley’s has been a Signal Hill lunch institution for a very long time. I can remember eating there in the late 70’s (I think), in the 80’s, and again in the 90’s. I was surprise when my friend Bob suggested a quick lunch there earlier in the week. Like usual, I had forgotten the neighborhood eatery. The building sits on the corner of Cherry and Willow, nestled between two functioning oil wells. It has a very “old” Signal Hill feel to it.

Curley’s is a classic burger and beer joint, and very informal. It has two dinning rooms, one with a pool table and bar. Curley’s also has a patio with a view of well…. two oil wells and a lot of traffic.


Double Cheeseburger © Copyright 2004 Mojoey

I ordered a double cheeseburger; it came with a choice of fries, onion rings, potato salad, or coleslaw. The picture above is accurate. The burgers are large and good; they are reminiscent of a better quality “In N Out” burger. The onion rings were a little too greasy, but they were passable.

I always judge a meal on if I want to eat it but cannot finish. This was one of those cases, I loved the burger, but it was too much food. I could not finish lunch. The bill for a double cheeseburger and a coke was about $10. I little pricy, but worth it. I am sure I will be back again.

Curley's Cafe
1999 E Willow St Signal Hill, Calif. (562)424-0018

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.