Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Nutball Alert: What would Jesus smell like

Bob and Karen Tosterud have developed a candle that is supposed to smell like Jesus. The candle, His Essence, is being sold to Christians seeking a closer experience with Jesus through experiencing his fragrance. Bob & Karen say the formula is all spelled out in Psalm 45. "It's a Messianic Psalm referring to when Christ returns and his garments will have the scent of myrrh, aloe and cassia,"

Well ok then... Need I say more? Nutballs!

I found an article that is worth reading Couple Sells Candles That Smell Like Jesus. It has video and a slide show too! Apparently Bob and Karen did a little spot on the local TV news.

Ahem, I’m going to have to buy one to take a sniff for myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are pretty late to the party on this one. Christian bloggers have been laughing about this one for months. Hey, people are gullible. Heck, look at the big buildings they build from people's gambling losses. I'm not impresses. "Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these.."

I'd rather play footbal with my kids and give the money to World Vision as opposed to MGM or some other media conglomerate. People do dumb stuff.
To each his own.

Mojoey said...

whoa - a backhanded slap at my lifestyle. That's very unlike you Brad. How I choose to live my life, be it foolish in your eyes or not, is my business bro.

Anonymous said...

Sorry..I didn't mean it that way at all. I was just saying I am cool with folks making funky decisions and enjoying or doing some funky stuff. Like giving their money to the entertainment inductry or buying a candle that "smells like a 1st century itinerent preacher". I was simply saying that we all are a little weird. People are strange and people selling stuff know this little truism. I'm cool with Vegas. I just get very burdened when i go there. To me it is like watching a "World Vision" specials marathon. After awhile you can only take so much of broken humanity.