Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sunday is for music and reading

Today is a music day of sorts. I picked up the new Audioslave CD, Out of Exile. I'm listening to it now. My first impressions are that it is not as good as their first effort, but a good CD nonetheless. I'll post more on it after I listen to it a few more times.

I've been playing an older play list most of the day; one my son helped me put together when he was home on Christmas break. He's coming home soon. I was listening to these songs to remind me of the time we worked on putting this mix together for our year-end CD.

  • God Only Knows (Stereo Mix) - The Beach Boys
  • Needle And The Damage Done - Neil Young
  • The Fat Girl - Lyle Lovett
  • .38.45 (A Thievery Number) - Thievery Corporation
  • Dream Girl (featuring Miho Hatori) - Baldwin Brothers
  • Heavy Metal Drummer - Wilco
  • Bodhran - Young Dubliners
  • Big Time - Peter Gabriel
  • Maybe - N*E*R*D
  • Close To Me [Closet Remix] - The Cure
  • Black Sky - Hepcat
  • Greatest-Hits - Sublime
  • Grey Street - Dave Matthews Band
  • Don't Push - Sublime
  • Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley & The Wailers
  • 5:15 - The Who
  • When the World Ends [Live] - Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
  • American Idiot - Green Day
  • In The Garage - Weezer
It has been a slow Sunday, perfect for the large amount of reading I need to do for Grad School. Well... back to the books. Next up is another Michael Porter article, "What is Strategy?". I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

Johnny C said...

I thought the new audioslave CD was a lot slower than the first. Its good but its just not spectacular.

On the other hand, System of a downs Mesmerize is great, plus I got DMB new one and had similar problems on my computer, but I fixed that... hehe. oh and I forgot all about my thievery corporation cd until you said something about it. Looks like I am going to have to go through my collection.