Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Mojoey is in shanghai

…and here is my picture of Mao to prove it. I am having the worst time trying to post on Blogger. I do not think the government here is very blogging friendly. For instance, I cannot hit my own blog unless I go through a redirector site. It really is quite a pain. It makes me wonder too – it does not take too much skill to get around this stuff, so why do they put it up in the first place. I tried to hit google when I initially logged on and was redirected to the http://www.google.com/intl/zh-CN/. I could not get to google any other way than through this url – then I used my Google toolbar and guess what – that’s right, I shoot right over to Google. It really makes no sense to me.

I've got some time to kill tonight before I go to sleep so I will struggle through the bureaucracy to try and post a few pictures. I shot this picture of Mao Sunday while walking on the Bund. I can truly say that I was the object of many stares, a dozen belly rubs, and one good hard pull on my beard. I later found out that the Chinese rub the belly of pregnant women for good luck I don’t think they were being flattering. The whole beard pulling thing appears to be just some crazy homeless dude making a play for attention – at least that is what my friend told me.

I’ll try to post more tonight, but this one took an hour. Wish me luck.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,