Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Matisyahu review

I am drawn to music. It is one of my passions. I share this passion with my sons and a few friends. We trade music, turn each other on to new bands, and discuss what we hear. In the end, we are all critics. I am not a good critic. If music sounds good to my untrained ear, I like it. I often don’t even learn the lyrics of a song until years after I starting listening to it. I do not care what other people think. I like what I like. Most often for my own reasons.

Take Matisyahu for example. I picked up both of his CDs a few weeks ago. Since then, I’ve listed to King without a crown 26 times – I love it. However, if you asked me what the lyrics are, or even worse, what they mean I would have to say, I don’t really know. Brad, a music-loving friend, takes it one-step further. Brad loves Matisyahu too, and he can tell you why. In his recent review of Matisyahu’s “Youth”, Brad analyzes the spiritual content and implied meaning of Matisyahu’s lyrics. Brad focuses on the lyrics from the album's title track. I think he comes to some insightful conclusions. The review is well worth a read.

My atheist’s friends and readers should be forewarned – Brad is better known as Pastor Brad. His review of Matisyahu’s work is from a healthy Christian perspective.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Etienne said...

I love Jerusalem too!