Sunday, December 31, 2006

Atheist Quotes

It's been a great year here at Deep Thoughts. I've had fun writing and learning. I am already looking forward to next year. I would like to end 2006 with a link to a collection of atheist quotes which I find inspiring.

Stephen Roberts
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours

Seneca the Younger 4 b.c.- 65 a.d.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

Blaise Pascal
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfuly as when they do it for religious convictions

Emo Philips
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Source: Atheist Quotes - www.chrisbeach.co.uk

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Kilgore Trout said...

Thanks for the link, thats a pretty good list of quotes. I did think it was funny that they had the quote, "thank god Im an Atheist" as being from Salavdor Dali, then later the same quote saying it was Luis Bunuel (NOT Salvador Dali!) Its a funny quote either way.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!