Sunday, December 24, 2006

I am against the death penalty

But this guy, I would buy lotto tickets to be his executioner.  

A Central Florida man who videotaped himself raping a toddler was sentenced to life in prison despite the fact that the judge and jurors could not watch all of the disturbing evidence in the case.

Richard Sylvia was arrested in June 2005 after being accused of raping a 2-year-old girl and videotaping the incident.

Source: Man Who Videotaped Rape Of Toddler Gets Life - Local News

In general, I don't think that the state should have the right to take a life. I say "in general" because I often waiver on the issue. People like Sylvia, they need to die. A lifetime spent in jail, is still a lifetime. He does not deserve the precious gift of life, even if spent in jail.

And yes, I know the death penalty was not on the table - but raping a 2 year old and filming it? Well, it makes me want the death penalty all the more.

 

Technorati tags: ,