Friday, May 18, 2007

Blogroll Update: The value of Planet Atheism

Few things do more for my blog statistics than Planet Atheism. Since joining, I have noticed a steady 50 hits per day from this outstanding free resource. What is Planet Atheism? For me, it is a collection of some of the finest atheist bloggers from around the world. Since joining, I have read it everyday. In fact, I've come to use it more than my trusty newsreader. Every time I hit Planet Atheism, I find 10 new posts. I light a cigar, sit back, and enjoy reading for a bit.

Planet Atheism is one of those easy to access resources (like the Atheist Blogroll) which helps to build our community. People ask why I provide the Atheist Blogroll. I can tell you, it's not because of the money (what money?) I find that community building is often my answer. We are a group of individuals in a larger sea of believers. Any chance we have at building a unified community is step in the right direction. I urge you to visit Planet Atheism, join it, read it, visit it's many contributing blogs. Doing so is a worthy effort.

Enjoy