Thursday, August 09, 2007

Why would a priest jog naked?

The morning news delivered something odd.

A Catholic priest faces an indecent exposure charge after police said he went jogging in the nude about an hour before sunrise in Frederick, southeast of Longmont.

The Reverend Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at a high school track, and didn't think anyone would be around at that time of day.

Whipkey told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. A police report indicates Whipkey told police that he knew what he did was wrong.

Whipkey did not return phone messages. Attorney Doug Tisdale told the Daily Times-Call in Longmont that Whipkey had no comment.

Police arrested the 53-year-old Whipkey on June 22nd.

The Archdiocese of Denver says it takes the incident seriously, but is awaiting the outcome of the case.

Whipkey remains an active priest.

Prosecutors say he would have to register as a sex offender if convicted of indecent exposure.

Why would a priest jog naked? I don't know, why do fundies keep knocking on my door? these are the mysteries I cannot answer.

3 comments:

The Exterminator said...

I think the priest was jogging naked because he lost his clothes at the hot tub you mentioned in the previous post.

Do I see a Naked Clergy theme beginning to emerge? What exactly do you mean by "Deep" Thoughts, anyway?

Johnny C said...

Ah who cares if he was jogging naked? I mean seriously? If there were kids or something around then I would have a problem. He is probably going through a mid-life crisis where he thinks he's in eden or something. But seriously, to be a registered sex offender for being nude in public? That is idiotic at best. So if I streak (and I have) then I can be charged with the same crime? FUCKING RETARDED... if not as retarded as the religion he preaches.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Johnny - for crying out loud - it's not like he was behaving like an exhibitionist does... then again it sounds too like we are not getting the whole story as is typical with the press!
I am now having deep thoughts about naked priests! Well only one in particular really..