Monday, October 01, 2007

McCain wants a Christian nation

Well, not really. To quote presidential hopeful John McCain "personally, I prefer someone who I know who has a solid grounding in my faith". His statement is no different than my desire to see a president who does not place his faith (or lack there of) above the needs of our country. No more Bush or McCain  for America please.

Of course McCain also thinks America was founded on Christian principles but that he would vote for a Muslim under certain conditions.

"I would vote for a Muslim if he or she was the candidate best able to lead the country and defend our political values."

Source: McCain" I'd prefer Christian President

My bullshit detector flashed full on when I read this. I translate it to mean McCain would vote for a Muslim only if he or she where the last person in thepresidential race.

The Atheist blogroll covered this one at length over the last 24 hours. Atheist Revolution hit the nail on the head:

McCain is clearly desperate to remain relevant as the primaries approach. His campaign has been a disaster, and he is probably having a difficult time realizing that he hasn't been part of the first tier for some time. Now it seems that he's made a strategic decision to engage in the worst kind of pandering to boost his dismal numbers.

3 comments:

vjack said...

Thanks for the link. I've seen Deep Thoughts on BlogRush a couple of times now. Way to spread that atheist meme!

Mojoey said...

I'm starting to see more atheist blogs on Blogrush. It still has not turned into any kind of "Rush" for me.

vjack said...

Agreed. The increase in traffic has been minimal so far. I plan to stick with it at least until it moves to the next beta before deciding whether to stick with it.