Monday, October 15, 2007

Meme: Your Daily Principles

Olly at without hyphens has launched a new Meme: Your Daily Principles. I love these things about as much as I hate these things. What the hell...

It’s meme time for me again, this one coming straight out of my own brain! I got to thinking recently about the idea that all of us, as humans, have principles we live by daily. These aren’t your over-arching beliefs neccessarily, but rather the things that you do daily as a part of those beliefs. So, for example, it’s not that I’m an anarchist, but things I do daily in line with that. I’ve kept it to 5 on my own, but there’s no hard rules on this meme; name as few or as many as you’d like! Likewise, no limits on how few or how many (if any) people you tag… do whatever is comfortable!

Mojoey's daily principles:

Observe the world around me: I try hard to see beauty in the world around me. I look for it wherever I am. I drive to work via different routes everyday just so I can see something new. I often take pictures while doing this. I call it photodriving. It is sure to be the cause of my next accident.

Learn something new every day: I work in IT. The need to keep abreast of technology has instilled this principle. Today it was learning how to manipulate the size of bar code fonts on an impact printer, tomorrow I will be picking apart an algorithm for calculating net margin on forecasted products. Learning is fun.

Tell the truth: I do not like to be lied to, so I try not to lie. It is not always easy. I'm not too concerned about the social niceties kind of lie, I'm more concerned with finding the truth in situations. To do this, you must be honest with yourself as well as with others.  This is not easy to do. It takes concentration and a desire for clarity which many people avoid.

Don't be a dick: This one is where I stumble the most. I am sarcastic by nature. Sometimes it gets the better of me. I try to be a nice guy. I succeed most days.

Connect with my family: This is last on my list but first in my heart. I reinforce my love for my family every day. There is no greater pleasure for me than the strength, security, and love that my family shares. Telling them how much I appreciate it is part of my daily ritual.

I'm tagging the blogroll newbies:

Izzworld dot net

Tales of an ordinary girl

Humans: The other white meat

Infinite Monkeys, infinite keyboards

Much ado about nothing

Technorati tags: ,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me. This was a fun meme to do and it really made me think.