Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gideons Provide Bibles to Texas Students

"I am not atheist — I believe in God," she told FOXNews.com. "But I just don't want any religion forced on my child at school. That's why my child goes to a public school."

I am not used to common sense on religion coming from FOX News or Texas.

Gideons are distributing bibles to public schools in Frisco, Texas. School administrators said they allowed it to stop more aggressive proselytizing taking place on public sidewalks outside of their schools.

Frisco Independent Schools allowed Gideons International to display Bibles on tabletops in all 13 of the district's middle and high schools last week. Officials say it didn't violate the law, but some parents say school is not the place to be offering the Good Book.

"I was never notified by the schools that they were going to allow this. I was a little shocked,"…

I have a suggestion, how about a good old fashion book burning? Or simply turn the fire house on the pests, or rotten eggs. They will eventually get the message. Of course, my point it that school officials should have addressed the real issue rather than appeasing these nutballs.

Technorati tags: , , ,