Sunday, June 06, 2010

Introducing Stuck in Church

Please join me in welcoming the newest member of the Atheist Blogroll, Stuck in Church.

Hi, my name is Mark Serrels, I'm an Atheist and I'm Stuck in Church.

After marrying a Seventh Day Adventist Christian, and inheriting a Pastor for a father in-law, I made a pact with my wife: she would respect the fact that I would most likely never be baptised as a Christian, and in return I agreed to attend church with her on a regular basis, just to keep her company.

So I'm Stuck in Church, ensconced in a Christian community, in a Christian family with a Christian wife. I blog about my experiences - about being an Atheist when everyone around me is religious. I blog about the frustrations, the breakthroughs, the compromises, the lifestyle – all the pros and cons of a life spent helping my wife follow doctrines I don’t subscribe to!

Despite all this, my wife and I get on swimmingly, and we love each other very much! I created this website to show that Atheists and Christians can co-exist without shouting obscenities at each other. I want to help everyone realise that a little bit of tolerance can go a long way when it comes the living in a world with thousands of competing belief systems.

Then we can all give each other a long, slightly awkward group hug that lasts just that little bit too long...

Then go right back to shouting obscenities at each other again!

Check it out when you have the time: Stuck in Church

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll resource blog for more information.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll