Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Notes from the road – art in everything

In in Santa Clara on a business trip attending the Enterprise 2.0 Conference which supports my real job where I am an uber-geeky project manager herding cats while using collaborative software. I fit in here. Since I’m in Silicon Valley I might as well ask if there are any wealthy benefactors out there who might like to give me a grant so that I can focus my life on exposing religious scandals instead of working hard on technical projects? I promise to use collaborative software.

ArtinEverything Santa Clara is different. I was greeted by a 32 foot silver statue of Virgin Mary upon arriving. And last night I ran into another large statue of the Virgin Mary in San Jose. Yikes. At least the folks I’m running into at the conference are not focused on religion, except for the true believer sales types. Did you know that social media is the most important business decision your business will face in the next 5 years? No? Neither did I until I heard it 5 times in 10 minutes on the sales floor.

I found time to look for beauty amidst the hyperbole. I saw beautiful afternoon sunlight streaming through a window and reflecting off a piece of paper stuck to the wall. Unfortunately, I only had my iPhone to capture the image with.A pair of blond heads framed it in my mind’s eye, but I could not capture it.

I’ll make a few posts soon, and I’ll get back to regular posting in a few days. I have real work to do for a little while.

Technorati Tags: ,,