Thursday, March 17, 2011

Youth pastor Dwight Bullock gets mistrial

Mistrial = a trial that is invalid or inconclusive. Yet almost every time I post on mistrials, a friend of the accused will tout it as a victory. It’s neither a victor or a defeat. It’s a do over. Youth Pastor Dwight Bullock gets a do over on charges he molested two boys.
After deliberating about seven hours the jury came to a conclusion that they would not be able to make a decision and Judge Gary Gatlin declared the four-day long trial a mistrial.
Dwight Bullock is accused of having forced inappropriate relations with two brothers, 11 and 13 at the time of the allegations in 2010. The boys testified about the acts Bullock forced them to partake in, including those with one another.
I’m bone tired. I’ve worked a 12 hour day, plus 3.5 hours of driving. Yet I made a promise to myself to not let a story like this go. Why? On the off chance that it may shed some light on the evil that these evil pastor do in the name of god or some imagined religious moral code. Somebody needs to do it. It might as well be me.