Thursday, October 03, 2013

Ministering from behind bars is insanity

Pastor David Love is serving a life sentence for second degree murder. He killed the husband of his lover so that he could run away and start a new life. 20/20 recently posted a profile of the case. I posted on Love's arrest and his lover Teresa Stone's subsequent arrest back in 2010. A line from the 20/20 profile troubled me. It closed by saying that David Love is ministering to others from behind bars. How is that possible?

I realize we cannot stop Love from preaching, but where is his authority to do so? How can a admitted adulterer and convicted murderer preach? Where are the protests? Where is the outrage? Oh hell, just show me one editorial and I'll be happy. It won't happen though. It never does. Christianity is sick. Love is but one of the symptoms.