Tuesday, November 19, 2013

More on Rev. Bill Wininger

Parents of children who attended Kings Way Baptist Church held a closed meeting recently to address allegations of sexual abuse linked to Rev. Bill Wininger. I wonder why it was closed?

A former church member and sexual abuse counselor told Tom Regan that she wished to attend the meeting but was told only parents and grandparents of school children were invited.

"I decided to come down here, because I've known about this problem with Brother Wininger and know that it has been severe, and I'm hoping in some way that I can have an influence tonight," said former church member Mary Ellen Cowling.

Source: Sex abuse allegations against former pastor prompts church school meeting by Tom Regan

Did any of my readers attend the meeting? Your observations are welcome. Please post them in the comments.